It’s not unusual for women to have issues around sexual arousal and satisfaction. The causes can be physical or emotional, and include some of the following:
- Depression and anxiety can lead to libido problems
- Certain prescribed meds for depression can suppress sexual stimulation and enjoyment
- Chronic diseases like diabetes and thyroid disease can affect libido
- Vaginal dryness
- Chronic pain like fibromyalgia
- Diet and lack of exercise
- Lack of sleep
- Lack of intimacy in the relationship
In addition, there is a condition known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder or HSDD. This affects a woman’s ability to become aroused separate from the causes listed above. There are treatments available for HSDD including medications, therapy and counseling.
Don’t underestimate the level of stress in your life and how it could be affecting your sexual health.